Don’t look. I dare you.
Don’t look. I dare you.
President Bush: I really work to keep expectations low.
Chuck has decided not to be bitter and complaining about this whole election debacle. Luckily for you, I have made no such promises. To wit I bring you this (and you can click on it to make it larger, as always):
Do you have the guts to take the honest bloggers-only quiz?
1. Which political party do you typically agree with? Democratic, usually.
2. Which political party do you typically vote for? Democrat
3. List the last five presidents that you voted for? Anderson, Dukakis, Clinton, Clinton, Gore (I think about the Dukakis and Anderson, certainly Clinton, Clinton, Gore are right.)
4. Which party do you think is smarter about the economy? Neither.
5. Which party do you think is smarter about domestic affairs? Democratic.
6. Do you think we should keep our troops in Iraq or pull them out? Pull them out now!
7. Who, or what country, do you think is most responsible for 9/11? Osama Bin Laden or the CIA.
8. Do you think we will find weapons of mass destruction in iraq? No.
9. Yes or no, should the u.s. legalize marijuana? YES!
10. Do you think the republicans stole the last presidental election? Yes.
11. Do you think Bill Clinton should have been impeached because of what he did with Monica Lewinski? No.
12. Do you think Hillary Clinton would make a good president? Yes.
13. Name a current democrat who would make a great president. Howard Dean.
14. Name a current republican who would make a great president. No.
15. Do you think that women should have the right to have an abortion? Absolutely yes.
16. What religion are you? Born and raised Jewish, practicing nothing, but old habits die hard.
17. Have you read the Bible all the way through? No.
18. What’s your favorite book? Birth of Venus right now, but this changes.
19. Who is your favorite band? Nickleback
20. Who do you think you’ll vote for president in the next election? Kerry.
21. What website did you see this on first? Beth’s Contradictory Brain (I saw it as a referral in someone else’s blog and had to check it out cuz she’s got a fabulous name, but clearly very different viewpoints from my own.)
1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog? First of all, not bloody likely I’d be recognized, but no.
2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered? Only for cropping and minor details. Any picture you see of me is what I look like, though I’d never let anyone post a bad picture of me.
3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you? Hasn’t ever happened but I’d say no.
4. Do you lie in your blog? Short answer no. But let’s remember it’s a report from my perspective.
5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog? Probably.
6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop? No, not my style.
7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping? No, maybe, does not apply.
8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones? No.
9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? How about after? No and no.
10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less? Probably like me more.
11. Do you have a job? Yes.
12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it? Where do i sign up?
13. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life? If I could only pick one probably Maggie, but in reality, everyone on my links list.
14. How many bloggers have you made out with? One.
15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have? Probably more money.
16. Does your family read your blog? Husband does. Daughter doesn’t. If anyone else in my extended family does they’ve never told me and that’s a really big no-no.
17. How old is your blog? This blog is about a year old, but my online journaling days date back to 1999.
18. Do you get more than 1000 pageviews per day? Do you care? No and no.
19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar? No, if I feel those things and care to share them, I feel free to do so in my blog.
20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing? Does my husband count?
21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes? Does not apply.
22. Is blogging narcissistic? Probably.
23. Do you feel guilty when you don’t post for a long time? Yes.
24. Do you like John Mayer? Yes.
25. Do you have enemies? In real life, yes, here, none that have identified themselves.
26. Are you lonely? No.
27. Why bother? Why not.
OK, the results are basically in. The Govenator. Oy.
I’m so moving to Canada. Tomorrow.
Well we Atkins’ performed our Civic Duty tonight and voted in the stupidest election we Californian’s have come up with yet. To sum up my general feeling about this whole recall thing: I think it’s stupid.
I don’t think we on the left coast need to do much more for the rest of the country to think we’re totally psycho. Voting in Ahhnold, The Govenator, might very well be the last straw. I will have to hang my head in shame if (I dare say when) this comes to pass.
While doing my civic duty (at what could only be described as the most disorganized voting place in the entire world), I took the opportunity to do a little informal survey.
We still use punchcards here (with the infamous chads) and I looked at the little punch holes in the ballot. Based on the highly scientific “Where There Were the Most Scratch Marks on the Ballot Method (WTWTMSMONBM)” at the polling place I went to, it seemed that more people voted against the recall, and Ahhnold and Bustamante are tied in their bid to rule the world, oops, I mean the state. I had Chuck check out his ballot and he came up with the same results. (Mercifully, there didn’t seem to be a lot of votes for Gary Coleman.)
My highly scientific WTWTMSMONBM has an error margin of only about 85%, so we’ll see how I did tomorrow. Film at eleven.